Those 5 days at the Globals were the most memorable days of my life.
— Natasha Backer, OOEHS Dubai
About the Global Round
3000 scholars from over 40 countries: once a year we invite qualifying teams from all over the world to join us for an extraordinary Global Round.
The 2016 Global Round (June 26-30) returns to Bangkok for the first time since 2012.
You’ll experience scavenger hunts, keynote speeches, panel discussions, our signature Scholar’s Ball, and, of course, all the competitive and community-building events that drew you to the World Scholar’s Cup in the first place, from the Debate Showcase to the Scholar’s Bowl.
Every participant will walk away with new friends, new discoveries, and very large alpacas—and all participating teams will be able to apply or even prequalify for spots at the year-end Tournament of Champions at Yale University.
Teams From New Countries
Are you from a country looking to join us for the first time? Email us to request a special exceptional berth and other assistance.
We encourage all participants to stay at one of our recommended hotels, all in easy walking distance of the main venue. Special negotiated rates include WiFi and breakfast.
Our main hotel is the Centara Grand at CentralWorld, directly attached to the Bangkok Convention Centre. Rates begin at 3900 THB and can be booked using this form.
Other hotels (selected to accommodate a variety of budgets) include:
- Bed At Town Hostel (No Breakfast) | from 824 THB | Booking Form
- Bangkok City Inn | from 1240 THB | Booking Form
- Holiday Inn Express - Siam | from 2650 THB | Booking Form
- Arnoma Grand Hotel | from 2780 THB | Booking Form
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok | from 3400 THB | Booking Form
- Holiday Inn Ploenchit | from 3880 THB | Booking Form
- Novotel Siam Square | from 4120 THB | Booking Form
- Grande Centre Point Hotel | from 4265 THB | Booking Form
- Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong | from 4635 THB | Booking Form
- Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok | from 6550 THB | Booking Form
Transfers by coach or van to and from the airport are available through our travel partner in Thailand, Destination Asia. They can be arranged using this form.
We encourage teams to take optional excursions on the day they are not "in play". These excursions include a complete Bangkok City Tour, a trip to the River Kwai, a Safari Experience, and much more! To learn more or sign up, please check out the links below.
If you qualified for the Global Round at a regional round and now need an official letter of invitation to show your school, potential sponsors, or a consulate (for visa purposes), please complete the form below. You can also request certificates and score reports.